Andrew G. Blais
Andrew is a litigation associate who concentrates on various areas of law—including business, commercial, construction, real estate, condominium, professional license defense, and land use. Andrew is known for being a diligent litigator who works to find a solution to all legal issues in the most efficient manner.
Prior to joining Kelly, Souza and Parmenter, Andrew practiced in appellate law before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and clerked for the Rhode Island Superior Court. There, he conducted legal research and drafted published opinions on a variety of cases before the Court.
• Successfully represented a Rhode Island doctor whose license was reinstated after ten years due to the Superior Court and Supreme Court’s findings that the Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline and the Rhode Island Department of Health had acted arbitrarily and capriciously.
• Successfully overturned an order appointing a temporary receiver for a third-party defendant on the basis that the petitioning party had no standing to put a corporation—with which the petitioner had no relationship—into receivership.
• Secured a preliminary injunction against the enforcement of an ordinance specifically targeted at the Plaintiffs. Finding that the Town had failed to provide any evidence for its supposed “emergency” the Court found that the Town was required to issue the Plaintiffs’ building permits.
Awards and Publications
- CALI Awards for Academic Excellence in Professional Responsibility, Payment Systems, Administrative Law and First Amendment Law.
- Co-Author, Apple of Gold and Picture of Silver: How Abraham Lincoln Would Analyze the Fourteenth Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause, 22 Roger Williams U. L. Rev. 1 (Winter 2017)